Solid Shampoo for Oily Hair – Nettle and Lavender
A lovely zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo!
Thanks to the balanced pH of 5- 5.5, this solid shampoo does not need an acid rinse and won’t have a transition phase! An acid pH of 4.5 to 5.5 is essential to prevent excessive dryness and hair damage during cleansing. Acid-balanced shampoos help close the hair cuticle and are recommended for hair that has been colour treated or lightened. Thanks to this pH, the shampoo reacts the same regardless of the hardness of your water.
Our highly-concentrated solid shampoo for oily hair is gently fragranced with French Lavender, Tea Tree and Lemon Verbena essential oils to refresh your hair and scalp and soothe your senses. It is a fresh, herbaceous, lemony aroma. Suitable for both men and women. We added some powdered Nettle and French Green Clay to help to strengthen and promote hair growth. It is suitable for greasy hair acting against dandruff and strengthening the roots at the same time. It also has an antibacterial effect, thanks to the essential oils we put in.
Take a solid shampoo with you instead of a regular plastic bottle. They last for months, and as they are so small, they save you so much money and space and are earth-friendly, requiring minimal packaging. If you haven’t experienced a solid shampoo, try one, you’ll be glad you did.
No fuss, no mess. Simple, solid (SLS, SLES free) shampoo eliminates wasteful over-packaging and environmental worries in one. Perfect for anyone who loves the planet as much as their hair. Not a gimmick, this rich, solid shampoo for oily hair effectively cleanses and moisturises to leave your hair looking nourished and healthy.
- Hair is clean and easy to comb
- It’s easy to use, its shape fits right into your palm, and it is light and very convenient for travelling, camping, or carrying wherever you wish to
- It produces abundant, mild foam that is kind, even to processed hair
- It’s gentle on your hair and scalp
- It promotes healthy and shiny hair
These shampoos are economical as each bar keeps working, lasting much longer than a bottle of liquid shampoo.
This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g (2.47oz), representing 45 – 50 washes. Of course, it depends on your hair length and is similar in usage to 450-500ml (15.2 – 16.9oz) of liquid shampoo.
A solid shampoo is gentler for your hair and scalp. It does not contain propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), silicones or artificial fragrances, colourants and preservatives.
Active Ingredients in Shampoo:
Gentle Cleansing Agents:
SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is the main ingredient of shampoo. It is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent made from the natural fatty acids that occur in coconut oil and effectively removes dirt and grease from the hair and scalp, resulting in a gentler finish. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties. We use an eco-friendly and biodegradable cleansing agent suitable for use in soft and hard water.
Another ingredient in this shampoo is Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSA). This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin, which prevents it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing, in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it cannot penetrate the skin membrane. There are both of 100% natural origin.
- Coconut Oil contributes to better hair quality by delivering shine, softness and power to damaged hair.
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine to hair and reduces hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny.
- Wheat Protein can impart hair-repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair.
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil, and it prevents the drying of the scalp by helping to restore the skin’s water.
- Nettle Powder stimulates the scalp, promotes hair growth, and supports their gloss and strength.
- French Green Clay helps fight dandruff, gently cleanses and absorbs excess sebum, and hair remains airy and strong.
- Lavender French Essential Oil soothes scalp irritation and tension and has a beneficial effect on hair regeneration. It has antiseptic properties, so it can revitalise the skin, and its helpful with dandruff.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil has antiseptic and antibacterial properties and is also helpful for helping fight dandruff.
- Lemon Verbena Essential Oil is antiseptic, antibacterial, and beneficial for a healthy scalp and hair.
How to Use Solid Shampoo:
Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice, depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
Please do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in a soap dish.
Packaging: Aluminium Tin
Shampoo Bar Weight: 70g